We are excited to announce that you can NOW book a trip to the British Virgin Islands on our following boats, and ONLY a limited number of trips each week.
- 51′ SeaRay, Pirate Girl (starting November 20, 2022)
Please read below about the BVI and the licensing requires and hoops we had to jump through to take our guests back to the British Virgin Islands.
The Baths are on Virgin Gorda which is a British Virgin Island.
Jost Van Dyke is also a British Virgin Island.
Right now, the BVI are not allowing US flagged vessels or crew in their waters without additional licensing. The BVI are now requiring that all USVI based companies get a BVI business licenses, pay BVI taxes and have BVI work permits ($2000+ per year, per employee) for everyone working in their waters.
Most companies are choosing NOT to jump through these hoops, that are time consuming and VERY expensive.
For the past three months Stormy Pirates has been working on getting everything required to travel back to the BVI with passengers and we have received everything we need!!!!
We currently have:
- 6 out of 7 Stormy Pirates boats have been certified to travel internationally by the USCG, VISR, & CVLA.
- 3 of our Captains have also taken the time and additional courses (in excess of $12,000 each) required for the International regulations and the BVI requirements.
- 5 of our mates have completed the additional ($2500) International required Courses, as well.
We are still waiting on some of our BVI work permits to be approved.
Because of all of this added expenses, we will have a BVI surcharge of about $500-$1000 per trip to offset the additional expenses and courses required for the International Passage.
This surcharge will be in addition to the price of the boat, fuel, and customs fees.
We will NOT be running scheduled trips to the BVI only Private Charters. The boats that are authorized to go to the BVI are:
It will be very expensive to travel to the BVI on a day trip, and most companies are choosing not to even have it as an option.
We are excited to announce that you can currently schedule BVI trips on the following boats:
- 51′ SeaRay Sundancer, Pirate Girl starting November 20, 2023!!